Thursday, March 22, 2012

Connection pooling & Windows authentication

Hey all,
I'm connecting to SqlServer 2000 from an ASP.NET web application.
The web application runs under a specific Identity (impersonating to a
specific windows account), the connection string contains
"IntegratedSecurity=SSPI",
and as far as I can see, it (the connection string) is constant.
Will my web application be using the connection pooling mechanism? I'm
asking this because I've been reading that if the conenction string
is constant, the connection pool will be used, however, I haven't found
anything about windows authentication, where the username and password
aren't specified in the connection string, but are managed by windows,
therefore I can't really say if the connection srting is different or not.
Thanks, Gai.As far as I know, if you create a connection to the sql server and then
impersonate a new user and make a new connection, a new connection pool gets
created even if the connection string is the same.
Hopes this helps
Marc
"Gai" <gaitamir@.IBezint> wrote in message
news:#otPhYh0EHA.2568@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hey all,
> I'm connecting to SqlServer 2000 from an ASP.NET web application.
> The web application runs under a specific Identity (impersonating to a
> specific windows account), the connection string contains
> "IntegratedSecurity=SSPI",
> and as far as I can see, it (the connection string) is constant.
> Will my web application be using the connection pooling mechanism? I'm
> asking this because I've been reading that if the conenction string
> is constant, the connection pool will be used, however, I haven't found
> anything about windows authentication, where the username and password
> aren't specified in the connection string, but are managed by windows,
> therefore I can't really say if the connection srting is different or not.
> Thanks, Gai.
>|||Yes, but again, I'm impersonating a single user (not the running user, but
DomainA\UsernameA).
Hope it's more clear now.
Thanks any way, Gai.
"Marc Mertens" <marc.mertens@.azlan.com> wrote in message
news:eGpFc6s0EHA.1260@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> As far as I know, if you create a connection to the sql server and then
> impersonate a new user and make a new connection, a new connection pool
gets
> created even if the connection string is the same.
> Hopes this helps
> Marc
> "Gai" <gaitamir@.IBezint> wrote in message
> news:#otPhYh0EHA.2568@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
not.[vbcol=seagreen]
>sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment