Thursday, March 22, 2012

Connection other database tables

We are finally moving off of Access to SQL Server 2000. In Access we can
attach all sorts of tables from different sources. In our SQL database, I
need to attach tables from other SQL databases as well as other odbc
sources. Then I will create views in order to utilize the data together.
How do I attach tables from another SQL database to the current?
Thank you
Gwen Powell
Torrance Unified School District
Check SQL Server Books Online under the topic Linked
Servers.
-Sue
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:38:39 -0700, "Gwen Powell"
<gpowell@.tusd.k12.ca.us> wrote:

>We are finally moving off of Access to SQL Server 2000. In Access we can
>attach all sorts of tables from different sources. In our SQL database, I
>need to attach tables from other SQL databases as well as other odbc
>sources. Then I will create views in order to utilize the data together.
>How do I attach tables from another SQL database to the current?
>Thank you
>Gwen Powell
>Torrance Unified School District
>

No comments:

Post a Comment