Sunday, March 25, 2012

connection problem

I am a newbie to SQL server. I have installed SQL server on my PC. I have created a local server on my machine. When i go to the SQL server wizard to register my server and it gives me the option to connect i am getting the message: SQL server does not ex
ist or access denied. Now i was told that this may be due to my firewall. I have turned these off..and am still getting the message.
Please help?
John
Hi John,
What was the authentication mode that you selected while installing the SQL
Server ?
If you have created in Mixed mode, What is the SA Password ?
Is it blank ?
Did you create a named instance or is it the default instance ?
If you have created a named instance, what is the name that you
have assigned to this new instance ?
Just a step by step info, in case you have missed one.
1. "Select a Server" Step
If your instllation is the default installation, then
type your computer name for the "Available Servers" and click on
Add.
If your installation is the Named instance, then
type the server name as "Computername\InstanceName" for the
"Available Servers" and click on ADD.
2. "Select an Authentication Mode" step
If you have selected Mixed Mode authentication, then select
"The SQL Server Login information that was assigned to me by
the system administrator"
3. If you select SQL Server login, you get this additional step "Select
Connection Option"
select first option "Login Automatically using my SQL Server account
information"
Login Name : SA
Password : <The password that you have set> or leave it
blank, if you had set it blank.
4. "Select SQL Server Group" step
select "Add the SQL Server(s) to an existing SQL Server Group".
5. Click on Finish, to get connected to the SQL Server.
With this simple steps you should be able to register the SQL Server in
Enterprise Manager.
HTH
Ashish
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment