Sunday, March 25, 2012

Connection Pools and Restoring a DB

Hi all...

Is there any way to flush the connection pool through code?

I am trying to restore a DB from within Code and keep running into the fact that the restore cannot exclusively lock the DB.
I believe this is because there are some connections from the application that are pooled.
The app that I am working on accesses the DB to start up, so connections are maintained in the pool to the DB. Then from within the same application I want to suspend all users.. which I can do.. then restore a backup of the DB over the existing DB.
However even though there is no activity.. the connections are not released.. and I can find no way to force them to release...
Is it possible to force release??

I am using SQL server 2000.

Any and all suggestions or ideas are welcomed..

Thanks in advance,
Simon.Have you tried keeping database in DBO-Use only and make sure those connections have any ADMIN privilege on DB.

No comments:

Post a Comment