Tuesday, March 20, 2012

connection or user limitation

Customers connect to my server via ISAP DLL. The dll makes a connection to sql server. I may have 20 or 30 or 40 customers connecting to my server via the ISAPI dll. I am trying to understand whether MSDE is enough for my application or do I need the ente
rprise SQL server. I want to understand the limitation on MSDE, it is 5 concurrent users or 5 concurrent connections and there is a difference because the ISAPI dll uses the same user login. Actually, the is one user connecting to SQL server via DLL, but
multiple copies of the dll can be loaded and each copy makes its own database connection.
> it is 5 concurrent users or 5 concurrent connections
Neither, it is 5 concurrent workloads.
You can have 40 or 100 connections and not trigger the governor, until so
much work is attempted by so many users *at the same time.* Remember that a
lot of the time that a connection stays open, it is idle, so it not pushing
the workload limit.
Please read:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...r_sa2_0ciq.asp
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

No comments:

Post a Comment