Friday, February 24, 2012

Connection Bombs Out at 3900+ records

I have a customer who's running an application that's using an OLE DB
connection to the database and when retrieving records a counter shows on the
screen. As soon as the count reaches somewhere between 3900 and 4000 the
counting stops and the grid never fills. The message received is as follows:
[Custom Message from application saying error has occurred]
-2147467259[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist
or access denied.
Is this a timing out or connection pooling problem? I'm sorry but I don't
have the particulars about versions, systems, etc. because I've received the
question from someone else. Could you just give me an educated guess at what
the problem might be so I can start troubleshooting in the right direction?
Apparently the customer just had a problem with the log file being full so
they moved it to another server. Could this have caused a problem? This is a
very large location so I assume the dba(s) know what they are doing. Could
they have limited the number of records that can be returned?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Ginny
Search no further...
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;328476
Note, this answer took forever to find so I'm posting everywhere...
|||Thanks. I will pass on the link to the customer.
Ginny
"alorentz" wrote:

> Search no further...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;328476
> Note, this answer took forever to find so I'm posting everywhere...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment