Friday, February 24, 2012

Connection Broken Error

Hello everybody,
I am running a simple cursor and it has arround 10 thousand rows to loop.
But after sometime i am getting connection broken error. Exact error message
is as following.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionRead (WrapperRead()).
Server: Msg 11, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
General network error. Check your network documentation.
Connection Broken
Do u have any idea, Pls let me know asap.I did a quick search and I could not find much with that error:
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q827452
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q229564
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q317261
http://groups-beta.google.com/group...922b8b490d9e0f?
Are you running the cursor through Query Analyzer or within an app?
What protocol are you using to connect to SQL Server?
If you execute the cursor via Query Analyzer when you are sitting at the
server does it work?
Keith
"mvp" <mvp@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2CF2E59D-B18B-4E40-BD13-FE038B4610C5@.microsoft.com...
> Hello everybody,
> I am running a simple cursor and it has arround 10 thousand rows to loop.
> But after sometime i am getting connection broken error. Exact error
message
> is as following.
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionRead
(WrapperRead()).
> Server: Msg 11, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
> General network error. Check your network documentation.
> Connection Broken
>
> Do u have any idea, Pls let me know asap.|||Hi Keith,
I am not on server, i am running cursor from my m/c in query analyzer. In my
client net work utility
rightnow there are two protols 1) TCP/IP and 2) Named pipes.
I do not know what is going on. pls let me know.
thx,
mvp
"Keith Kratochvil" wrote:

> I did a quick search and I could not find much with that error:
> http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q827452
> http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q229564
> http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q317261
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group...922b8b490d9e0f?
> Are you running the cursor through Query Analyzer or within an app?
> What protocol are you using to connect to SQL Server?
> If you execute the cursor via Query Analyzer when you are sitting at the
> server does it work?
> --
> Keith
>
> "mvp" <mvp@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2CF2E59D-B18B-4E40-BD13-FE038B4610C5@.microsoft.com...
> message
> (WrapperRead()).
>|||I can only say, I have the same problem on different computers. I run a larg
e
Query which gives a lot of rows (about 1000), und I get the same error.
The solution for me: Run a job with this Query or Create a stored procedure
which runs the query, and create a job with the stored procedure. Perhaps
this is a solution for you, too.
"mvp" wrote:
> Hi Keith,
> I am not on server, i am running cursor from my m/c in query analyzer. In
my
> client net work utility
> rightnow there are two protols 1) TCP/IP and 2) Named pipes.
> I do not know what is going on. pls let me know.
> thx,
> mvp
>
> "Keith Kratochvil" wrote:
>|||Had a similar problem and narrowed it down to the network (WAN). Not sure if
it was a router or NAT that disconnected me, but queries running more than
20 min got disconnected in 99% of the cases. Some managed to run for much
longer though, so it was all very fuzzy.
Running it as a job was the easiest solution. If you can (and may) you can
always try to run it via Remote Desktop on the server itself, off course.
Good luck,
Roby
"Fabrice" <Fabrice@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6D79359E-AF28-496E-90DD-8CFAD4597D37@.microsoft.com...
>I can only say, I have the same problem on different computers. I run a
>large
> Query which gives a lot of rows (about 1000), und I get the same error.
> The solution for me: Run a job with this Query or Create a stored
> procedure
> which runs the query, and create a job with the stored procedure. Perhaps
> this is a solution for you, too.
> "mvp" wrote:
>|||What version of MDAC is installed on your client machine?
Keith
"mvp" <mvp@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6519F77A-1D59-4B67-91E6-9A32DEC509B4@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Keith,
> I am not on server, i am running cursor from my m/c in query analyzer. In
my
> client net work utility
> rightnow there are two protols 1) TCP/IP and 2) Named pipes.
> I do not know what is going on. pls let me know.
> thx,
> mvp
>
> "Keith Kratochvil" wrote:
>
http://groups-beta.google.com/group...922b8b490d9e0f?
loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment