Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connection error

Hi,
I get the following error when I try to connect to SQL 2005 Beta from VS 2005.
"A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an
error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 -
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) "
The calling page "Default.aspx" only has a GridView control.
Help please!!!
"Mumbai_Chef" <MumbaiChef@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:84F879BA-F54F-420C-8576-0CACE17AB39B@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I get the following error when I try to connect to SQL 2005 Beta from VS
> 2005.
> "A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an
> error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error:
> 0 -
> An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) "
> The calling page "Default.aspx" only has a GridView control.
> Help please!!!
Does the 2005 beta have an expiration date?
Rick Sawtell
MCT, MCSD, MCDBA
|||Rick,
No I don't think so. I can see the data when i do "Test query" from the
GridView control on the page. My team member can run the app without any
errors.
Thanks
Mumbai_Chef
"Rick Sawtell" wrote:

> "Mumbai_Chef" <MumbaiChef@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:84F879BA-F54F-420C-8576-0CACE17AB39B@.microsoft.com...
> Does the 2005 beta have an expiration date?
>
> Rick Sawtell
> MCT, MCSD, MCDBA
>
>
|||I've generally seen the "Forcibly Closed" error when the Windows firewall in
XP was blocking the connection but I assume there are other things that
could cause this. Can the same user connect with sqlcmd?
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
"Mumbai_Chef" <MumbaiChef@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:35E74F79-80C0-4E84-B9AC-2BF569701E59@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Rick,
> No I don't think so. I can see the data when i do "Test query" from the
> GridView control on the page. My team member can run the app without any
> errors.
> Thanks
> Mumbai_Chef
>
> "Rick Sawtell" wrote:
|||If the issue is with the firewall than how can another user logged in from my
machine can access the data without any error. I am out of ideas.
Thanks
"Roger Wolter[MSFT]" wrote:

> I've generally seen the "Forcibly Closed" error when the Windows firewall in
> XP was blocking the connection but I assume there are other things that
> could cause this. Can the same user connect with sqlcmd?
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> "Mumbai_Chef" <MumbaiChef@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:35E74F79-80C0-4E84-B9AC-2BF569701E59@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment