Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connection error - please help

I'm setting up a development environment on XP Pro. I'm working with classic
ASP. IIS is working great, but when trying to connect to my SQL Server
Database, I get:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80004005)
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access
denied.
I've checked and re-checked both the name of the database and server, plus
everything looks configured correctly in Enterprise Manager (SQL server and
Windows is checked).
In ODBC, after I configure my System DSN, I test it and it connects
correctly. But this dang error persists. I'm at my wits end with it all,
can you help?
Any comments would be very very appreciated.
Thank you.
Try making a network trace from the IIS machine to SQL and review the
traffic.
Thanks,
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
|||Why IIS machine, what is the relation between IIS and SQL
server here? What kind of trace should I do, can you
explain it in a simple way.
Thanks a lot-Rob

>--Original Message--
>Try making a network trace from the IIS machine to SQL
and review the
>traffic.
>Thanks,
>Kevin McDonnell
>Microsoft Corporation
>This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
>
>.
>
|||IIS is the client to SQL. I"m asuming that they are two different machines.
client -->IIS-->SQL
IIS is opening and closing all the connection to SQL, not the client
browser. So, making a network trace from IIS will show the traffic to the
server.
Thanks,
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
|||I have the same problem. Help.
************************************************** ********************
Sent via Fuzzy Software @. http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP & ASP.NET resources...

No comments:

Post a Comment