Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connection error

Hi there,

I installed Visual Web Developer Express and SQL Server Express. I then installed the Time Tracker Starter Kit on my localhost. My instance of SQL Server Express is 'Express'. So I updated the root web.config file. I try out the app. by creating a new user and then get this error:

Exception Details:System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

I'm using a HTTP connection port 7080 (ie,http://localhost:7080/TimeTracker/), does that mean I have to update anything in the app?

I was told to update SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration - Remote Connections to Using both TCP/IP and named pipes. So I already did that and rebooted.

Any suggestions?

Post your connection string, it may helpSmile|||

Hey it works.

I noticed that I had to modify the database connnection under the database explorer, even though I had updated the web.config

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment