Friday, February 24, 2012

Connection Bombs Out at 3900+ records

I have a customer who's running an application that's using an OLE DB
connection to the database and when retrieving records a counter shows on th
e
screen. As soon as the count reaches somewhere between 3900 and 4000 the
counting stops and the grid never fills. The message received is as follows:
[Custom Message from application saying error has occurred]
-2147467259[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not
exist
or access denied.
Is this a timing out or connection pooling problem? I'm sorry but I don't
have the particulars about versions, systems, etc. because I've received the
question from someone else. Could you just give me an educated guess at what
the problem might be so I can start troubleshooting in the right direction?
Apparently the customer just had a problem with the log file being full so
they moved it to another server. Could this have caused a problem? This is a
very large location so I assume the dba(s) know what they are doing. Could
they have limited the number of records that can be returned?
Thanks for any help you can give.
--
GinnySearch no further...
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;328476
Note, this answer took forever to find so I'm posting everywhere...|||Thanks. I will pass on the link to the customer.
--
Ginny
"alorentz" wrote:

> Search no further...
> http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;328476
> Note, this answer took forever to find so I'm posting everywhere...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment