Friday, February 24, 2012

connection could not be established

Hi there,
Im running SQL server 2000 on SBS2k3. I have a couple of databases working
fine and then all of a sudden i was locked out of them when I go to server
enterprise manager with the following msg:
A connection could not be established to <server>
Reason: login failed for user '<domain>\administrator'
Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server registration
properties and try again.
Could someone please help me. I have checked and the service MSSQL Server
is running.
thank you
MikeMike
Perhasps you have changde a password for this login and your SQL Server was
registered (EM)by an old password.
"Mike Hunt" <ncc4@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23CXAyyprFHA.3836@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi there,
> Im running SQL server 2000 on SBS2k3. I have a couple of databases
> working fine and then all of a sudden i was locked out of them when I go
> to server enterprise manager with the following msg:
> A connection could not be established to <server>
> Reason: login failed for user '<domain>\administrator'
> Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server registration
> properties and try again.
> Could someone please help me. I have checked and the service MSSQL Server
> is running.
> thank you
> Mike
>

No comments:

Post a Comment