Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connection Error

Error Message:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

The error occurs in Visual Studio 2005 v 8.0.50725.42. I have my string in my web.config file. In Visual Studio it doesn't work. When you upload the page it connects and shows the data. Now, I have been several places and been asked, "So what's the issue?" The problem is that I want Visual Studio 2005 to connect so that I can use it to create Gridviews, use the Server Explorer and so on.

Is there an upgrade to VS2005? Is this a known bug? Is there a work-around - a configuration that needs to be setup in the web.config file? I've only just begun my .NET 2.0 experience so type slow and use small words...

Thanks!

I suppouse you are talking about connection string for a database ?, I think you should try this questions in forums about general development or data access, and also give more info about how are you making the connection string, if you are using the "connectionStrings" section and so on.

This forum is only related to Team System and TFS issues, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment