Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connection error ( from MS Analysis to Applix TM1)

Hi All,

I am trying to connect from MS Analysis Services 2000 to Applix TM1.
Applix has got Applix OLE DB MD Prodiver.It is installed on my machine.
I create a datasource in MSAS.
In Data Link I can see the this Applix OLE DD driver and I choose it. Then I can see Applix login and password screen. Then I logged in. When I test my connection, the connection is succeed.
But when I create a cube from data source,it gets an error message as below;

Connection teamnb-cem data source failed.
Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation
Do you want to retry_?

How can I fix it?

BEst Regards

Cem DAGLI

AS2000 has list of supported providers, and TM1 is not one of them. There are many requirements for OLEDB provider to work properly with AS2000, so I am not optimistic you will succeed with this kind of direct connection. I suggest exporting data from TM1 cube into SQL Server first, and then processing AS2000 cube off SQL Server.|||

Dear Mosha,

I am using Applix OLE DB MD Provider. Not Microsoft providers.
When you install Applix , you have Applix OLE DB MD provider. I connected from Excel to Applix TM1.
But for AS2000 not.

Does AS2005 support Applix OLE DB MD Provider? If I try it from MSAS 2005 ,can I connect it?

Best Regards
Cem dAGLI

|||So, what exactly do you mean when you say "Connect AS2000 to Applix". The only way AS2000 "connects" to external databases is for processing or ROLAP, and there is a list of supported providers (SQL Server, Oracle etc) - Applix is not on that list.|||

Dear Mosha,

I mean connect from MSAS 2000 to Applix TM1 OLAP Server.

There is a Applix OLE DB MD Provider in Data Link screen in MSAS 2000. The Driver is provided by Applix.
I also connected from MS Excel to Applix OLAP server with this driver.
If you send me your e-mail , I will send all printed screen in MSAS 2000.

Best Regards

Cem DAGLI

|||

Cem

Unfortunately, you don't make yourself clear - you just repeated the information that you already provided earlier. The only way the statement "connect MSAS 2000 to Applix TM1 OLAP Server" can be interpreted is that you try to process MSAS cube out of the TM1 cube, and use Applix OLEDB provider for that. As I explained above - this is not supported scenario. If you have some clarifying screenshots - please attach them to this post.

|||

Hi Mosha,

I need to extract some data from Applix TM1 cubes into MS SQL Server. Here are the steps i tried to create a connection in MS SQL 2000 DTS package using Applix TM1 OLE DB MD Provider (v8.4.2).

1) Create a new DTS package
2) Add Connection Properties. Applix TM1 OLE DB MD Provider is not listed in the 'Data Source' list. So i choose Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0

3) Click Properties...

4) On Provider tab, choose Applix TM1 OLE DB MD Provider.

5) On Connection tab, specify the TM1 server location & instance. Test Connection is successful.

6) Click OK to complete the configuration.

When i edit the connection properties again, the provider reverts to Micosoft OLMicrosoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0. It doesn't seem to save the configuration done above.

Could you please shed some lights on how to get this to work? Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment