Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connection error after already connected

I am using Access 2002 as a front end and SQL Server 2000 as a back end.
After I have connected, I use ADO to run a process that gets ten different
sum queries from various SQL Server tables and writes the results to local
Access table. This loops thru 300 to 800 records.
The second time thru this process, at any of the queries, I will almost
always get this error:
-2147467259, Sql Server does not exist or access denied. Now I am already
connected and I have run this same query many times.
If I debug and force the same line, it runs.
Why is it hanging occasionally, and more importantly, what can I do to fix
this?
TIA,
Mike
Are you using named pipes or tcp/ip ?
Vikram
"Michael Beck" <mikeb@.Nospamamuletc.com> wrote in message
news:OxuPzTwTEHA.3336@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I am using Access 2002 as a front end and SQL Server 2000 as a back end.
> After I have connected, I use ADO to run a process that gets ten different
> sum queries from various SQL Server tables and writes the results to local
> Access table. This loops thru 300 to 800 records.
> The second time thru this process, at any of the queries, I will almost
> always get this error:
> -2147467259, Sql Server does not exist or access denied. Now I am already
> connected and I have run this same query many times.
> If I debug and force the same line, it runs.
> Why is it hanging occasionally, and more importantly, what can I do to fix
> this?
> TIA,
> Mike
>
|||TCP/IP
"Vikram Vamshi" <vikram.vamshi@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:efh1gyyTEHA.3180@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Are you using named pipes or tcp/ip ?
> Vikram
> "Michael Beck" <mikeb@.Nospamamuletc.com> wrote in message
> news:OxuPzTwTEHA.3336@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
different[vbcol=seagreen]
local[vbcol=seagreen]
already[vbcol=seagreen]
fix
>

No comments:

Post a Comment