Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connection Error

I have an asp page that opens up a crystal report...however; randomly
I either get the report or I get this error:

ADO Error Code: 0x80004005 Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL
Server Description: Connection failure SQL State: 08S01

and its happening alot...

Where should I begin looking to solve this..I dont see anything
particular in the event log in both client or server...

thanks

-JimJim (jim.ferris@.motorola.com) writes:
> I have an asp page that opens up a crystal report...however; randomly
> I either get the report or I get this error:
> ADO Error Code: 0x80004005 Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL
> Server Description: Connection failure SQL State: 08S01
> and its happening alot...
> Where should I begin looking to solve this..I dont see anything
> particular in the event log in both client or server...

08S01 - Communication Link Failure. Often indicates that some accident
happened on the SQL Server, which forced SQL Server to sever the
connection. Usually accompanied by stack dumps in the SQL Server error log.
(That is not the eventlog.) Such crashes are due to bugs in SQL Server, and
should not occur in an ideal world.

But a flaky network could also be the cause.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment